Re: [TenTec] T-New Work settings

To: wb2vuf@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] T-New Work settings
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 18:50:07 -1000
Bwana Bob wrote:
> Isn't the small inductor in an "L" network just there to cancel out
> stray capacitance within the network?
That is correct. It IS there, so it is a Tee network, not a simple L
network. If that inductor was not there, some loads could not be
matched, because of the stray capacitance. Because the inductor is in
there, the loads which otherwise could not have been matched, can be
matched two ways. One way is using the Low Z 1 switch position, and the
other way is using the High Z 1 switch position.