Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 715 RF Speech Processor Opinion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 715 RF Speech Processor Opinion
From: Walter Hopper <waltk5vv@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:03:00 -0600
I have used one for about a year.  With a Jupiter and the Model 715 running
100 watts, I get approximate the same reports as driving a Metron MA1000 and
 the Jupiter driving with 50 watts and showing 500 watts on the Array
Solutions Power Master.  This makes it a cheap substitute for an amplifier.
Bear in mind... it requires careful tuning... to tame the audio to the point
that suits some  audio "professors"?  Also, I have used it with the 500-600
watt Metron... and have been able to break any pileup, when I  normally
would use the Titan II.  I have not used it with the Titan... but if I
did.... I believe I could crush rocks!! Please give others a chance....
Show a little love.. to your fellow ham.

Walt Hopper K5VV
DXCC #1 Honor Roll