Re: [TenTec] How well is a Scout on SSB?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How well is a Scout on SSB?
From: "Ron Zond" <k3miy@csonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:41:53 -0500
Ivin

I had the Scout for about 7 years. Great rig! According to the manual, the
drift wasdo to the RISC processor
losing VFO lock on CW. On SSB there are no problems. I had one of the first
rigs. TT may have solved the
problem in later models. The audio was great, and 50 watts into a good
antenna works quite well.

Ron
K3MIY