[TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:06:44 -0600
I am away from my QTH & Orion II manual.  Maybe some of  you know the answers
to my questions.  I would like to use the receive antenna input for a 160/80m
low noise receive antenna input.  How much built in RF protection / switching
does the Orion II have on this input?  In other words how much input protection
do I need on the receive only antenna to prevent RF damage to the Orion due to
RF energy from my transmitting antenna feeding back into the receiver via the
receive antenna input?  How is the use of a separate receive antenna best
handled with a single Orion II station?

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.