Re: [TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:56:35 -0500
An alternative is the DX-Engineering Engineering TVSU-1 Time Variable
Sequencer Unit which is a microprocessor-based transmit/receive control
signal delay unit and provides 0-30 ms of delay programmable in 2 ms
steps to as many as five outputs tied to the CW keying or push-to-talk
(PTT) lines.

By controlling the receive-to-transmit (and back) timing of linear
amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and other sensitive equipment, damage caused
by improper switching can be eliminated. This sequencer improves CW
performance by eliminating annoying leading edge chopping or truncating
of Morse characters. This is especially important in contests or pileups
where sending accuracy is critical.

http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID=214&SecID=79&DeptID=12

No argument... just an alternative.   I do not opine on which is better.