Re: [TenTec] Please help with touchy OMNI - D

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Please help with touchy OMNI - D
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:35:45 -0500
Well first thing I would do would be to dump the output of the omni
into a good dummy load. Then I'd monitor the transmit current (a amp
meter in line with the power supply would do) and see what the current
draw is.

the ps shutdown is set to trip at about 20ish amps

if the supply shuts down before that level is reached, then suspect
power supply (did you try the omni with a different supply?)

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.