Re: [TenTec] Please help with touchy OMNI - D

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Please help with touchy OMNI - D
From: k8bbm@srt.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:36:42 -0600 (CST)
it sounds like the diodes in the alc circuitry may be going.....   easy to
replace, TT will do it too...
for the interim,   read the manual on setting the internal alc control,   back
it down a bit so the alc led comes on at less power.

It sounds to me that the rig is pulling too much current from the power supply
and the circuitry in the power supply is protecting the rig....