Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:31:18 -0800 (PST)
James,

Given the superior DSP in the O-VII compared to the O-VI, that's an awfully
hearty endorsement and I appreciate it.

The O-VI has a low pass audio DSP filter and a peaking filter as well, but I
bet they are 16 bit engines, and the technology is almost 20 years old; much
has changed.

73 and hope to work you on the bands.  I read your QRZ.COM bio and I am mostly
a CW operator, and enjoy everything from from QRS to slow QRQ so maybe we'll
meet on 40 meters.  I really respect that you are choosing to learn CW, and I
hope you come to enjoy it.

73,
Art