[TenTec] Omni D (C) / Corsair II receiver info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D (C) / Corsair II receiver info
From: Ivin Flint <ivinflint@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:28:16 -0800 (PST)
I'm following some of the thread of the Omni VII discussion and I see the
Corsair II thrown out there.  I hear often that it has such a great reciever.
I own a Omni C and added a  external VFO(thanks to this group)
I have read the product reviews from the ARRL and am trying to understand how
the Corsair II receiver is better than the Omni D (C)  By the way I have all
the filters installed in mine.

I see the features on the Corsair II has pasband filter, internal keyer, AGC
but that is it that I can tell that my rig doesn't have.  Both have the same
basic receiver if I remember what I read correctly.  So is the passband filter
what puts it over the top?

Just wondering how much better the receiver in a Corsair II is to the Omni C?

Thanks
Ivin W9ILF