[TenTec] RF in Ext. Speaker on Jupiter

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RF in Ext. Speaker on Jupiter
From: John Serrette - K5ZU <k5zu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:16:01 -0800 (PST)
Yesterday as I fired up the Jupiter and Heathkit SB-230 amp, I tuned the amp
through a cantenna with no problems. When I tried to transmit in CW ... RF
blared through the external speaker and also made the circuit in the amp relay
stay in the key down mode. In order to stop the amp from a constant dead key, I
had to turn the amp's selector switch to exciter only.

In the SSB mode, the amp relay DOES NOT Stick, however, RF continues to blare
through the external speaker.

Has anyone else had this type of experience and if so, do you know a fix?

I am using a brand new AmpKeyer with this rig/amp combo and I had no problems
until about 5 days after using it.  I checked all jumpers and everything
appears to be ok.

Any help is appreciated!

John - K5ZU