[TenTec] Old vs New = Crunch time

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Old vs New = Crunch time
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:20:21 -0800 (PST)
First I would like to thank all those who sent emails or responded on the list
to my request for advice, opinions, and insight on the question of old vs new.
K8JHR hit it right on the nail head, that this is definitely about my wants and
not my needs. Unlike many on this forum, I have not previously owned either an
Omni, Orion, Corsair, or Jupiter. I have owned two TTs: one was a Century 21
that I purchased new when I got my novice ticket back in the late 70's and the
other is my current Triton IV which I bought a couple years ago. So the
opinions that were offered were truely appreciated and your candid
recommendations well received. The common thread among the majority that sent
me an email was that the Omni VI may not be the best rig in the world, but it
would be a cold day before you ever sold yours. That certainly speaks volumes.
There were also favorable comments regarding the Corsair and the Omni VII. I
still wonder why TT would stop manufacturing
 a radio that is still this popular today.

At any rate, thanks to Curt KB5JO, Walt K8CV, Gary W7TEA, David WD9CMD, Ron
KI0II, Dick KD4BRL, John K4AVX, and K8JHR. I appreciate the fact that you took
the time to offer some candid considerations and recommendations based on
first-hand experiences. Don't get me wrong, I plan on keeping the Triton IV,
but I "want" to buy one more TT for the station before I retire "again".
73s Roger Rippy  W7RIP