Re: [TenTec] Old vs New = Crunch time

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Old vs New = Crunch time
From: "DAVID HELLER" <dtx@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:34:21 -0500
( To you alone) ---  I've owned some Jap rigs, a Triton, Omni D, Omni 6.  I
like traffic nets, general ragchew qso's, some low-key contesting - in
short, general operating.  Compared to the Japs the TT's are all far
superior, at least for CW. I work very little phone, so wouldn't know the
difference there.

All the T-T's have fantastic receivers and QSK.  The D Omni a bit better on
filters for crowded bands;  the 6 with the 250 Hz is exceptional. I have no
interest in computer control so the 7 and Orion don't especially interest
me.  The 6 has a lot of gadgetry;  some I use regularly just for
convenience, some I've never used, and don't miss.

All are essentially trouble-free;  Ten-Tec phone advice and service has been
all I could ask for and definitely more than I have the right to expect.