[TenTec] WTB: Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] WTB: Jupiter
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:07:09 -0600
Been away from TenTec gear a while and looking for a Jupiter, as I
would like to try one here.

Also would appreciate any direction to info specifically about the
Jupiter - likes/dislikes with the upgrade to blue screen upgrade, how
difficult is it to upgrade (and how it's done - not really a computer
guy here), and other topics specifically related to the rig.

I op at low power 99% of the time (at 1 watt and sometimes less), cw,
ssb, and psk primarily. I know the Jupiter isn't necessarily a first
choice for DX chasing, but I'm on 9 acres northwest of San Antonio and
have a really low noise level here for the first time in many years,
so I think it might work well here.

Thanks.

Michael Goins, k5wmg
former editor, qrp quarterly