Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Titan 425 Problem

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Titan 425 Problem
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:47:20 -0700
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:16:08 -0700 (PDT), Art Trampler wrote:

> When I came back the amp was dead; its fuses are blown.

This has happened to me at least half a dozen times, maybe more, and it
never indicated a problem. It was probably a power line spike. Put two new
15A fuses in it and continue to use it. If it blows when you're
transmitting, you hear/sense something arcing, and the fuses don't hold
when you replace them, THEN work on it.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC