[TenTec] Orion II v 2.042A: Not Ready for Prime Time!

To: Ten Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II v 2.042A: Not Ready for Prime Time!
From: David and Dianne on Comcast <dhhdeh@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:12:46 -0400
Hi All,

I have been watching this latest Orion firmware situation develop today.

Just after this latest version was released last night, I began to
reconsider an Orion II for my shack hopeful that many of the
long-standing issues were finally being addressed.

But after reading this thread throughout the day today, IMO TT no longer
deserves the loyalty that many of you Orion owners have patiently given.

I have never owned any Orion but I now have a an Omni VII, itself a very
good and pleasant radio that still needs refinement via software
enhancement, most of which is well known and discussed on all the
forums.  TT has alluded to many of these improvements as being soon to
be forthcoming for several years now at Dayton.

But NOTHING happens month in and month out, year in and year out to
significantly fix or enhance.

I had expressed to TT management in February my congratulations on the
hiring back of John Henry. But now I fear that their problems are much
deeper.

What is going on?

This is all HORRIBLE advertising for them.

73 de N1LQ-Dave