Re: [TenTec] Century/22 power out

To: <robvaughan@sympatico.ca>, "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century/22 power out
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:21:51 -0400
I had a friend with lots of experience and good test equipment.  We
carefully aligned the 9MHz trap in my Argosy 525 according to the
instructions in the manual.  Thereafter, on 40 meters the power would fall
off rather dramatically after only a few minutes use.  Finally I took it to
Ten-Tec to get the power problem fixed.  I told Garland I had "aligned" that
trap.  When I went to get the rig, he told me the trap was the problem and
he had aligned it correctly.  He said that he would never have suspected it
could cause that trouble.

I tell you this to caution you that the adjustment of those traps may be
more critical than you might think.  I cannot imagine how they could become
misadjusted, absent some idiot with a diddle stick.

73, Mike N4NT