Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:40:50 -0400
I worked a K3, 100 watt version, he was running a cob web antenna, on
20m and his signal was broadcast quality yesterday!  I was using my
Argonaut V at about 5 to 10 watts SSB and a G7FEK antenna I had just
erected.  I would agree the K3 would be similar to the K2.  I was a K2
field test builder, so like that rig.  But, I tend to go back to my
Argonaut V.  The extra power on it compared to the K2 10 watts, helps, I
think.

I think you would be happy with either rig.  But, the audio on that K3
was remarkable.  The band was changing on us at Greyline, so I did not
get to find out the CA stations' mike.   Sometimes that makes a big
difference in audio punch.

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH