Re: [TenTec] New product

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New product
From: "David W LeJeune, Sr" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 20:26:23 -0500
Hi, John
        I got the idea from Carl, N4PY.  His software, which I use, is able
to do the sync'ing.  I took that idea, developed a simple program that does
the same thing (sync, not total control), and then made a simple
modification suggested by Carl to take the antenna input to the Flex off the
antenna input to the sub receiver in the O2.  Not a difficult mod, but it
does require you removing the bottom panel of the O2 and soldering a small
piece of coax from the input to the sub receiver to the spare RCA jack on
the rear of the O2.  A piece of coax from this to the antenna input to the
5k and you're off and running. This mod provides switched RF input to the
Flex.
        The only thing that is sync'd is the frequency of the O2 and the
Flex.  I guess you could sync mode and probably bandwidth, but I decided
that freq was enough.  Changing the freq on the O2 changes the freq on flex,
and changing the freq on the Flex (like clicking on the flex/powerSDR
software panadapter display with the mouse) changes the freq on the Orion.
It does what I want, so I left it at that.  Since the  sync'ing software is
driven with the CAT commands of the Flex and the Orion, I suspect there is a
lot of other functions that could be sync'd.  The only other thing I did was
provide a serial input for my logging Program (Logic8) so when the my sync
program is active, the logging program gets mode and freq info from the sync
program.
        Both the executable and the source code is available on my web site
www.lejeune.net/WN5V
        By the way - Total control of the O2 is always available from the
front panel of the O2.

Dave