Re: [TenTec] Extra class CW Sending Test

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Extra class CW Sending Test
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 03:58:24 -0700 (PDT)
 My Dad and I had the honor  to bring home a TBK transmitter.  The rectifier
was about 40 lbs being cooled by a 20 inch fan.  If we got all of 30 watts out
of it.  It had  8 inch OD roller inductors made of 1/4 inch square wire.  The
wiring harnesses had each individual wire was lead coated and soldered the the
frame at least every 12 inches.

The VFO and how that was built would take a bit longer to describe.  to keep it
short it had a 4 inch cylinder about 4 inches think on a worm gear that moved
in and out of a coil that was wound with 5/8 inch flat ribbon wire that was 1/8
thick, was wound on the thin edge of the flat stock.

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.  Jim K9TF/WA9YSD