Re: [TenTec] Delta II -- Good/Bad

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta II -- Good/Bad
From: "Walt Amos" <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:53:59 -0400
What do YOU operate? Phone or Cw ? It is a ok phone rig but the display
fails after a few years and you need a flashlight to read it. It can be
replaced but TT does NOT have any or do it, so you have to get the display
from All Electronics and cut it to size, paint the cut with clear finger
nail polish and pull the old one out and insert the new one. The panel drops
forward to do this. Change the memory battery at the same time.

For CW you need to set the pass band to about 10 o'clock for the narrow cw
to sound right. An external DSP is very useful with it! A 12 volt computer
fan can be set behind it or even screwed to the heat sink and there is a
place on the back to plug it in. There is a mod to the IF by some Canadian
that makes the AGC work right, but you need to be a bit gutty to tackle
that! IT IS NO OMNI 6 for sure ! But if you can get one for $400 or so you
got a bargain!

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.