Re: [TenTec] 2.044A

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.044A
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:05:13 -0500
Mine is acting this way as well. I use LCW fro my operating.

Regardless of the DSP BW settings upon power-down, when the
transceiver is turned back on, the main rx returns to the proper mode
but the rx DSP BW is 3000 Hz. When the display first appears, the BW
value is as it was upon power down, but once the rx is activated, it
switches to 3000 Hz. Curiously, the sub-rx seems to hold its settings.

I stored some frequencies, mode and DSP BW settings in the memories
and when those are recalled, the rx DSP BW is as it was stored.  I
also tries saving the transceiver state into one of the User
memories. Restoring the state did not restore the original rx DSP BW settings.

But, it gets more interesting: I usually use LCW. I switched to UCW
and the BW default is 1000 Hz. I then switched to LCW, set the BW to
750 Hz, then went back to UCW and set it to 500 Hz. I turned off the
radio, then turned it back on leaving it in UCW: the BW changed back
to 1000 Hz (not 3000 Hz) but the LCW BW remains at 750 Hz. I reset
the BW in UCW, switched back to LCW, then cycled the power while the
radio was in LCW.

THIS time, upon power on the radio comes back and retains BOTH the
last LCW and the last UCW bandwidths.

I hope this helps TenTec's debuggery a bit...

73,

Kim Elmore
N5OP