[TenTec] 707 Mike

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 707 Mike
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:10:28 EDT

Hi,

My new 707 mike arrived today and I've been playing with it.  The  audio
sounds fine on the Orion II monitor with EQ set to 0 dB as per the
instructions, but I find that it needs quite a bit more gain than the
recommended
starting points of H/W mic gain of 3 dB and front panel MIC of  55.  Right now,
I have H/W mic gain set to 12 dB and the front panel MIC  set to 75.  With
the 706 condenser mike, I set H/W mic gain to 6 dB and  front panel MIC to
60.  I have a rather soft speaking voice, but the 707  seems to need a lot
more gain than the 706.

Does anyone else have experience with this to share?

73,

Ray W2RS