Re: [TenTec] 962 Power Supply Schematic/Manual

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, <geraldj@weather.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 962 Power Supply Schematic/Manual
From: John - K4WJ <k4wjfoc1749@wildblue.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:13:49 -0400
I have a 962 that I purchased when I bought my Omni VI Plus from TenTec.
They were both brand new but the 962 didn't last a week before I had to
return it for repairs. Fortunately I had the PS from my Omni C that I used
to get back on the air with the Omni VI Plus.

Last October I sent the 962 back to TenTec and they replaced the two 2N5301s
with 2N5886Gs.

The 962 runs a lot hotter than my old 961. When I have the Omni VI Plus
turned on the heat sink on the 962 gets kind of hot. I've read messages on
this reflector that said this is normal for this power supply.

When the rig is off and the PS is turned on the heat sink stays nice and
cool.

My scanner's bulb burned out or I would scan the manual and send it to the
initiator of this thread. I'll try to find someone to scan it for me.
However I'm in a rural area and it may take some time before I get it
scanned.

73..de John/K4WJ