Re: [TenTec] more oscilloscope questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] more oscilloscope questions
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:30:44 -0500
If its not Tek or HP and if its HP before the 1740, its not really a
scope that works well and reliably. Yes there were pretenders but their
products tended to be poor with poor bandwidths and lousy sweep
triggering. The Tek 465 except for the delayed sweep switch and the HP
1740 or 1742 have been reliable tools that work well and are FLAT to
their bandwidth spec, not 3 dB down a the bandwidth spec. These are 200
MHz and most logic glitches will be seen by them. A 30 MHz scope can
miss glitches that logic can make. With my 475 on the bench I used it
for DC through UHF measurements and set the VTVM on the back test
equipment shelf. I quit using a meter with a GOOD DC scope available.

73, Jerry, K0CQ