Re: [TenTec] Popping in O1 audio during AF adjust

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Popping in O1 audio during AF adjust
From: art davis <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:29:53 -0500

Here is the response I got from the TenTec service manager within 3 hours of me
posting this. Now that's service!

First do RAM clear reset followed by a master reset and
clear user memories

and filter settings should be performed. RAM clear is as follows:

1. Orion off, power supply on.

2. Press and hold the LCK button just below the VFO B knob.

3.Turn on Orion and continue to hold the LCK button until Master Reset
is

displayed on the screen. BATTERY FAILURE may also be displayed,
disregard.

4. Release the LCK button and allow the Orion to boot to 14.250.

5. Turn the Orion Off and perform the Master Reset using The MAIN RX/TX

button. User memories and filter settings MUST be cleared.

It took care of it for me...gud luck