Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?

To: charles Lewis <s9ss160m@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:36:52 -0500
Yes that will check out the cans.

I never had a SteppIR, don't plan on having one, but when they don't
break they do function. Back in the 50s and 60s my dad and I built a 20
meter beam with ground adjustable elements, because the theory took 12
inches change in reflector length to cross the band, but when we made
the center 20' of the elements out of 4" irrigation tubing with the
adjustable ends out of 2" tubing the bandwidth was more than that and
tuned at the middle of the band, it was flat all the way across. The fat
elements solved the bandwidth problem if there ever was one. That
required a rotating tower that lasted until about 2004. It would still
be up but a neighboring developer unhooked a guy wire.

Did you ever work with the Collins 821A-1? I worked on that for three
years at Collins, the diagnostic panel and the interconnect panel behind
it are my designs, but I was into other parts too and shipped all 9 of them.

73, Jerry, K0CQ