Re: [TenTec] Orion II firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II firmware
From: Peter Frenning <peter@frenning.dk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:36:33 +0200
Sun, 22 08 2010 kl. 07:52 -0500, skrev Gregory & Kristin Palfe:

> I am running version 2.039d on my Orion II.
>
> I am wondering if the latest 2.44 firmware offers any real enhancements over
> 2.039d.  I wonder if it is worth the time, hassle and possible trade-offs to
> upgrade to 2.44.  It is a larger project here in that for security reasons my
> shop does not run Windows so I have more work to get and run the upgrade.
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> Greg, wa0bnx

Greg, neither do I, except in a virtual machine on occasions such as
this - running WinXP in Virtual box for this purpose - works
flawlessly....
And, yes it's worth it - running 2.044A here.

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent            **
** perspiration.                       **
**               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail: