[TenTec] Ten-Tec dealer in OK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec dealer in OK
From: Martin <martin@ok1rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:18:16 +0200
A friend of mine runs here in OK a popular and frequently visited web
site in czech language. Now he writes that he planned to buy something
from Ten-Tec. The price was $267. He tried to order directly at T-T and
payvia PayPal but he received a reply:

"I am sorry, we must honor our dealer in the Czech Republic. I am not
able to sell factory direct to your country without going through our
dealer."

No problem, he said and asked the T-T OK dealer. Surprisingly, the
dealer asked $417 ... which means 56% increase! My friend's final
comment: "Never mind, the T-T company ended for me. I hate companies
engaging similar exclusive dealers!"
---
Actually I don't know who is the OK exclusive dealer, I don't care. But
T-T should know that the VAT here is 20% and also the shipping costs
should be added. The ham radio dealers here are gluttonous and greedy,
mostly incompetent and buying for list prices like any end-user across
the pond. Presumed that the manufacturers offer their stuff for dealer
prices, they should check their price strategies unless they want to
fall into disreputation.

73
Martin, OK1RR