Re: [TenTec] Looking for "cheap" rig or honest and patient ham

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for "cheap" rig or honest and patient ham
From: "danny shaver" <n5nbk@ntin.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:37:53 +0000
I have a TS140S in good shape that I have 225.00 in if they would be
interested, and they could pay me out.

Danny N5NBK

From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Sender: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:03:12
To: <tentec@contesting.com>

Hey Gang,

I've befriended a new ham who knows CW, and is working to get on HF.  He's
sadly only on VHF.  He's looking for his first rig and I think he and his XYL
are just making ends meet.

I told him that I saw $300 as about the floor on anything worth buying.  What
do you think?  He only has about 1/3 of that put toward a rig and is selling
some surplus items to raise more.

So is there anyone out there with an Omni C or similar that would be priced in
the range I suggested, who would be willing to consider holding the rig while
he paid for it?  Would the Omni C be a good rig, or discourage him?

I'm looking at IC-725s, TS-530S, 520S, 820/830, but thought I'd check here.

When my XYL and I were selling my stepson's old saxophone we asked $300, I
think, which was fair.  The girl who bought it had $75 to put down.  We were so
taken by her enthusiasm toward playing that after she handed my XYL the $$, my
XYL said, "Here, you better take the sax home tonight, and by the way, it's
paid in full."

Maybe one of you will have such a moment in this case.  I just don't have any
extra rig!

73,
Art