Re: [TenTec] Eagle vfo bandwidth?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle vfo bandwidth?
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:47:50 -0500
Al and all,

IF the Eagle is using the same "core" as the OMNI-VII (and it appears to from
John Henry's post), bandwidth of each VFO is the same when the Mode is the same
on both VFOs. To get around that you can split the VFOs and then change the
mode on the receive to something compatible say, USB /  LSB or opposite carrier
offset CW if the transmit VFO is CW or change to the same carrier offset CW on
the receive VFO when the TX VFO is set for USB or LSB.

See the Procedure to Split VFO's With Different Band Widths at
http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=588split . It takes longer to read than
do it but you can store the split configuration in a band stack register on
each band and then be set to easily enter a pileup with different bandwidths
for the DX (narrow BW) and the pile (wide BW).

73,

Gary - AB9M