[TenTec] Auto Tuners

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Auto Tuners
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 05:00:47 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the latest go-around of comments and suggestions on replacing my MFJ
tuner on the Omni VI. Richard (K8JHR) and Bob (W2pnj) both agree on the Palstar
AT and I would be hard pressed to disagree, but do not have an amp and really
do not want to spend that much money. I have a Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter and it
is a quality piece of gear. Jerry (K0CQ) and Vic (WA4THR), I thank you for
taking the time to inform me of the tune/power consideration with the LDG auto
tuner and I agree on using low power for any tuning anyway. The are several
used TT 238 tuners on the market but they will be a manual tuner and they are
(of course) more than a new LDG AT. If I can find a TT238 at a lower price in
the next couple of weeks, I would prefer to go that route otherwise it will be
the LDG. Besides the XYL (also a ham) has told me that my allowance for October
has a serious debit in the form of a new key (paddles) from K8RA!! Hi Hi
73s all Rip W7RIP
Roger & Marie Rippy  Bozeman, Montana