Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Amplifier Relay

To: flymooney@gmail.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Amplifier Relay
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:12:11 -0500
Patrick,
I strongly urge replacing the relay or quieting the present relay.  That
is far better isolation than the use of PIN diodes.  In fact, I doubt
you can economically get PIN diodes to handle the load of an Amplifier.

Most relays can have their mechanical mounting altered with a rubber pad
to hold the relay, and then it sits on another rubber pad that fastens
to the chassis.  Glue the two pads together.  You may need to experiment
to see what density material gives the most sound isolation.  Cork may
also be a candidate and coasters from the $ store come to mind as
material sources.
GL and 73,
Stuart Rohre
K5KVH