Re: [TenTec] Century 21 Analog Question...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century 21 Analog Question...
From: mike bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:59:46 -0400
Try tightening all the hardware on all the pcbs. Yes, I know they plug into
plastic sockets, but there's a few soldering lugs under some of the hardware.

Direct conversion receivers generally work best if you use a resonate antenna.
A ultra cheap roofing filter if you will. A multiband antenna can be rough when
you're on 40 meters at night with a DC receiver

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
If it wasn't for great distances, we would all live a lot closer!