[TenTec] 28.5 band switch on Omni D

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 28.5 band switch on Omni D
From: Ivin Flint <ivinflint@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:02:43 -0700 (PDT)
I have a Omni D series C.  The 28.5 position on the band switch isn't working.
All the rest do and I have used this radio for several years daily.  I haven't
tried to go to 28.5 in quite a long time.  I sprayed the contact swiper on the
inside of the radio with contact cleaner which didn't hurt a thing, but didn't
fix my problem.  This doesn't seem serious and things are fine except for
this.  I don't have a lot of knowledge on radio repair but I would appreciate a
little help if someone has some simple advice for me to fix it myself.

BTW: I still find this radio such a COOL Classic radio with a FANTASTIC
receiver!
Thanks, Ivin W9ILF