Re: [TenTec] Is The Eagle really soaring yet?.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Is The Eagle really soaring yet?.
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:03:10 -0500
Why the 1N4007? They are poor PIN diodes and too slow to be protective
diodes. If you want strong signal protection you need much faster
diodes, 1N4454 or 1N914 derivatives. If you do RF switching with the
diodes you need real PIN diodes to keep down intermod. For that matter
back to back protective diodes are serious receiver intermod causes.

73, Jerry, K0CQ