Re: [TenTec] Eagle on TB.....Who sells a box to do the switching with th

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle on TB.....Who sells a box to do the switching with the keying?
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:46:50 -0500
The Cadilac solution would be to purchase a MicroHAM II.
Use its keyer and key and PTT outputs.

The slickest thing I've found at a good price is in Germany.
It's called the MemoKeyer, with kits starting at  29 Euro (about $38).
The down side is, the documentation is in German.
I will check with them and see if they have it available in English.
You can get a fully built module (supply your own box) for 37 Euro (about
$50).

The PTT delay is set as a relationship to the length of a dit.
That way it varies with the speed.  Sexy.

The HamGadgets MasterKeyer MK-1 might do the job.
It was unclear from their advertising; they hinted at it.

I seem to recall that the WinKey could do this too, but you can only adjust
it by software.

Finally, Phil, AD5X has a written an article about a tiny little PC board
with just a few parts on it that will do the job if you modify the values of
2 of the components.

Then there's the one I built 30 years ago.
I could send you the schematic.

I don't know of a cheap "Turnkey" solution.
There are plenty of cheap solutions if you are willing to do a bit of
assembly.

73
Rick