Re: [TenTec] Adding Power Poles to an Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Adding Power Poles to an Orion
From: ac5aa1@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:34:10 +0000
Thanks, Fernando - I like your idea of improving on the Molex connectors.

     73,  Duane

From: Fernando <n2fq@sbcglobal.net>
Sender: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:30:34
To: <ac5aa@ac5aa.com>; Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment<tentec@contesting.com>

Hello.

Certainly will and that has crossed my mind as it has been

voice by many. The current retainers (those that keep the connector
together)

are bit cumbersome and don't fit my solution. I might resort to a U
shape

wire between where the pins go if it turns out to be problematic.

Currently have the radios in a moveable rack with the cables dangling

and it seems to hold. Time will tell.

On a side note, since I had the tools out I went ahead and did

the same thing to my Jupiter.

tnx for ur note

73 Fernando N2FQ/6