Re: [TenTec] Power Supply Omni 6

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power Supply Omni 6
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 11:34:41 -0600
Mostly vintage radios with the four pin power connector. Up through Omni
VI at least. Omni VII and Orion manuals that I have downloaded talk
about voltage transients from generators and alternators, they don't say
anything about AC operated power supplies giving voltage transients nor
anything about an initial inrush of current. The Orion schematics are so
split up and so unidentified that it would take hours to trace the exact
function of the Orion power switch, but I suspect the PA transistors
have power supply applied all the time, that the power switch just turns
off low power stuff.

73, Jerry, K0CQ