Re: [TenTec] Re 02 2.0444A questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re 02 2.0444A questions
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:50:03 -0500 (EST)
John, I wouldn't know (last time I looked, Inrad didn't make filters for
the O II (O II filters are not the same as those for the 565), but that might
 have changed).  In any case, the problem is not the T-T filter itself, but
 simply that if you set the DSP BW to something higher than 2.4 kHz (but
less  than 6.0), the 6 kHz roofing filter is selected.  So, in a heavy QRM
situation like Jack's, the DSP BW should be set to 2.4 kHz or less, even 1.8
if  necessary.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 11/22/2010 6:33:15 P.M. GMT Standard Time,
cdistflatfoot@gmail.com writes:

should I  look to INRAD ?  John kb2huk

On 11/22/2010 1:10 PM,  Rsoifer@aol.com wrote:
> Jack,
>
> I'm not sure these are  the best settings either, but here's what I  do.
> me, AGC  Slope works best at 1:10 so I leave it there.  On SSB,  my  front
> panel AGC button is set to Prog, which translates to Hang 0,  Decay 10
dB/s
> and Threshold 1.00 uV.  On the Filtr menu,  all of the optional roofing
> filters (I have them all too) are enabled  and Xtal filter is set to
Auto.   With
> the DSP filter set to  2750, that would auto-select the 6 kHz roofing
filter,
> which may  be your problem.  If you set the DSP filter to 2400, that
should
> auto-select the 2.4 kHz roofing filter instead.
>
>  I generally use the 6 kHz roofing filter for 160-meter CW (tnx, Bob
K8IA,