Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:45:56 -0500
I know of a ham who put up a wood utility pole - heavy duty - and
mounted a big honking halogen light on it.   He ran the wire from the
house to the pole over ground... from the peak of the house to the top
of the pole... and turned it on and off a lot when it was new...

but now the lamp is off, and the wire has become his antenna.   He is
thinking of adding another pole at the other far corner of the lot and
making a loop ... after he gets everyone used to thinking it is another
light pole.

I really admire his approach.

We are now thinking of have one of the local hams (who works for the
power company) stop by another ham's condo and hook up a wire antenna
from the peak of his condo unit to a utility pole, letting everyone
think it is a power line.  Other guys in the condo association have run
random wired from their attics (tuned with Icom auto tuners) out into
the trees behind the condo units.   They just shoot the wires at night
and everyone thinks they are utility wires - mostly never noticing them
- they just appear one day and the hams just play quiet about them.

So far so good...

Something like this just might work for other guys.