Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology/Gnded tip on whip ant.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology/Gnded tip on whip ant.
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:20:24 -0600

On 12/31/2010 4:09 PM, Steve Hunt wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> Not sure if it helps much, but NQ6Z was obviously on the same quest.
>
> In one posting, he claimed that the earliest reference to the term he
> had found was a 1972 Fort Monmouth report:
> http://www.amrad.org/pipermail/tacos/2009/006318.html

Ft. Monmouth is a likely source. I wasn't thinking that early since it
didn't seem to be taken up by commercial vendors to the military until
the late 80s that I can find.

I have orders for Fort Monmouth with duty at Ft. Belvoir cut in 1968.
I've not yet been to Monmouth. Duty at Monmouth would have been more
interesting, I think, and with no local chain of command I pulled way
too much KP and guard duty for the HQ company where I paid for my bed
with those chores. Promotions were also slow to come through. Doing
engineering work for private's pay was not fun but better than being
shot at I guess. A 16 hour shift at KP was the least fun.

> 73,
> Steve G3TXQ

73, Jerry, K0CQ