Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology/Gnded tip on whip ant.

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology/Gnded tip on whip ant.
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 17:12:37 -0500
Wow!  John Brune and his sidekick John Gratalo are the guys that I ran
into at Lakehurst NAEC in 1981 where they were flight testing the
system. I didn't know that they were famous. When their project was
done, John Brune kindly sent me a copy of their report AVRADCOM
Technical Report 81-3).  The report includes details of the antenna
design plus lots of NVIS flight test data.

in 1996 Worldradio published a NVIS book consisting mostly of reprints
of articles from Army Communicator magazine by David Fiedler and Edward
Farmer.

Even so, a lot of hams don't know about NVIS, perhaps because most ham
publications and antenna literature emphasize low radiation angles for
DX, rather than antennas optimized to cover a "service area".

                         73,

                            Bob WB2VUF