Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology/Gnded tip on whip ant.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology/Gnded tip on whip ant.
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 13:26:50 -0600
Thank you. And since it was used for tactical communications in combat
it probably was essentially classified for a while. Known only to US DOD
and friendly forces by that name, though the concept was known long
before Nam. Likely FM24-18 and training circulars of that era were also
not public documents for the same reasons. Which kept the name out of
vendor's catalogs until Brian Collins' paper in 1988.

And we should remember that any antenna deployed works better than one
left in the box.

73, Jerry, K0CQ