Re: [TenTec] Aeolian Vibration

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Aeolian Vibration
From: Neal Laugman <neal.laugman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:20:20 -0600
> No doubt your poly rope was trying to shrink with the cold too and
> had plenty of tension.

That was exactly it.

> So you left a twig leaning on the poly to upset that resonance?

It was holding up the end of an 80m inverted vee and  I tried to bungee
the line but it just found new resonance. I finally just dropped the
line that night. I really needed to get some sleep. I used some
dacron after that. Learned a lesson in false economy, and that's what I
got for being cheap <g>.

--
Neal, NL7VL