[TenTec] Omni VII and US Interface Navigator in Remote Mode

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII and US Interface Navigator in Remote Mode
From: kf6e@mail.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:28:23 -0500
All,

I'm considering setting up a remote station with an Omni VII and US Interface
Navigator to allow me to do PSK and RTTY remotely.  I can't seem to visualize
where the Navigator interface would go.  The Omni connects directly to the
Internet, so the interface can't go in between.  At the local end, it seems
that it would require two computers (one connected to the Internet, the other
to the USB port of the Navigator).

Does anyone have an idea how to configure this?  A block diagram?  Can it even
be done?  People operate PSK remotely quite frequently, so it must be possible.

Thanks for your help.

73,
Frank
KF6E