Re: [TenTec] FS Argonaut II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS Argonaut II
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:04:41 -0600
In anticipation of buying a new Ten Tec radio, I am thinning out my
collection a bit.  I have for sale a Ten Tec Argonaut II radio.  It was
at the factory for service about 2 months ago.  The backlight works, and
is one of those British replacements.  The only known issue with the rig
is that it seems to readjust itself so that the transmitter power output
is about 10 watts. This makes the display flicker slightly when keyed on
CW. The only modification done to it is the routing of the dormant
amplifier key line out to one of the rear panel phono jacks.  I did this
so that it would key my Elecraft VHF transverters.  This would also work
well with the new Tokyo Hy-Power 50 watt amplifier.  Cosmetics are fine.
  It does show a little wear but works well except for the power issue.
  It had a new Ten Tec tire on the main tuning knob. I will sent the
original factory manual with it, too. The price is $250, paid in the
form of a bank or postal money order, shipped CONUS via Priority Mail in
the factory box.

73,

Steve WA9JML