Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Logic Board Failure

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Logic Board Failure
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:37:33 -1000

> That code would only be meaningful to some one conversant in the binary
> code of the 8051 family which the 80C30 is a part. It would mean little
> to me without attacking it with a disassembler

It only has to have "meaning" to the other chips it communicates with,
if we are just duplicating it to replace a bad one. We only need to know
the meaning of it all if we are attempting to modify it. Provided of
course that the version we are reproducing is appropriate for the radio
we intend to use it in.

DE N6KB