Re: [TenTec] When loading Orion 565 V2.064x11

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] When loading Orion 565 V2.064x11
From: "Henry, John" <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:21:31 -0500
Hi John,

Normally, the answer is no, you don't need that second master reset.
However, since sometimes people go from much earlier versions of
firmware, e.g. pre 1.375, with a much different memory map, and with
some very different settings, sometimes it is beneficial to do a
second Master Reset manually. Not always.
So, just for consistency sake, I have added that to the steps just for
now when going to 2.064x11.

Also, some have found that after the first master reset, sometimes
they get no audio when transitioning to this version. A power reset
then resolves this issue. There are multiple DSP processors running,
and sometimes the transition in memory maps can confuse them. But once
they are up and running properly, I'm sure people will enjoy the
enhancements.

73, KI4JPL
John Henry
TenTec Engineering