Re: [TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:12:17 -0600
If the looseness in the sockets isn't from the crystal socket pins not
being solder to the board (radios of that vintage were hand soldered and
the quality did vary) somtimes the contact pins can be improved bh using
a sturdy needle outside the metal contact to push e.g. bend the contacts
tighter closed. If there wasn't a visibility problem, really pointed
needle nose pliers or tweezers might work.

73, Jerry, K0CQ