Re: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:37:43 -0400
At 10:58 AM 3/21/2011, Steve Hunt wrote:
>I replaced the PTO on one of my two Corsair IIs with the
>N4YG DDS board. That provides two VFO functionality and Split operation;
>it has transformed the tuning "feel". That Corsair is now the first I
>switch on when I go into the shack, in preference to my other Corsair or
>the Omni VI.

Steve:

Do you use split operation on CW?  Curious to know if the DDS osc can handle
the instantaneous shift of frequencies at a fast keying rate.  Obviously there
is a delay compared to the External VFO that runs constantly, but is the
shift noticeable either in a chirp, click or an "enabling delay" that shortens
the dots?

73, & TIA
Perry  w8au